Awards and Scholarships
Hockey New Brunswick office is currently accepting nominations for the following awards & scholarships:
Scholarship applications will be considered for all three $1000.00 CAD scholarships, provided the applicant meets the criteria listed below.
Only one complete application is required.
Jim Stirling Scholarship
B.F. Lorenzetti and Associates Inc. are the insurance brokers for Hockey Canada. In 1996, B.F. Lorenzetti began sponsoring a program for Hockey Canada that allows every Branch to present a bursary to a deserving hockey player.
Delta Fortis Properties Scholarship
Established in 2003 to recognize a Grade 12 student who has had hockey play a positive role in their life.
HNB Academic Scholarship in Memory of Ron Bradbury
Established in 2002 to recognize the outstanding contribution of Ron Bradbury to the sport of hockey.
Criteria to apply for an HNB Scholarship:
- Applicant must have been a Hockey New Brunswick member in the 2017-2018 hockey season.
- Applicant must be under the age of 21 as of December 31st of the current season.
- Applicant must be graduating, or must be a graduate, who is pursuing post-secondary studies in 2018-2019.
How to Apply for an HNB Scholarship:
- Applicant must send an essay; 300-500 words (double-spaced), to the Selection Committee outlining your community involvement, as well as financial need. The essay should also explain how hockey has positively impacted your life.
- Provide a most recent record of academic transcript.
- Provide an athletic resumé (outline sports involvement by year).
- Proof of post-secondary education acceptance letter.
* Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please ensure your application is complete at the time of submission.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS MARCH 30, 2018
Return via one of the methods listed below:
861 Woodstock Road, Fredericton, NB E3B 4Z9
Fax to 453.0868